CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)

tdinc (146)

Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)

Spiderball81 (53)

klsmurf (50)

mtlphone (48)

svrider1000 (37)

vballrkc (21)

joeEarl (18)

chicago1 (17)

Keywords

Share | 

Left DOWN button not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stealthius
New User
New User

PostSubject: Left DOWN button not working   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Hello everyone,

Yesterday i bought a P168+ on an online marketplace (e-bay kind of sale) It's a second hand phone. Now once i received it, it turns out the DOWN button on the left side doesn't work. The UP button works fine. I informed the person who sold me this, but of course I get the answer, "This most likely happened while shipping, it worked fine for me" Sigh, yeah of course it did. It wasn't really cheap cheap so i could have expected this, and it was not stated the button is defective.

Well anyways, I would like to know if someone actually opened up the p168, or if it's easy to do. I would like to have a look why this button doesn't work. It simply doesn't "click" like it does with the UP button. Has anyone opened it up, is it easy, is there some kind of manual to do this? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left DOWN button not working   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Stealthius wrote:
Hello everyone,

Yesterday i bought a P168+ on an online marketplace (e-bay kind of sale) It's a second hand phone. Now once i received it, it turns out the DOWN button on the left side doesn't work. The UP button works fine. I informed the person who sold me this, but of course I get the answer, "This most likely happened while shipping, it worked fine for me" Sigh, yeah of course it did. It wasn't really cheap cheap so i could have expected this, and it was not stated the button is defective.

Well anyways, I would like to know if someone actually opened up the p168, or if it's easy to do. I would like to have a look why this button doesn't work. It simply doesn't "click" like it does with the UP button. Has anyone opened it up, is it easy, is there some kind of manual to do this? Thanks in advance.

hmmm, i have seen something about someone opening up the phone, im guessing the buttons under the case are out of alignment with the keypad.

i will search and ask around about this, but at the moment it looks like you should keep hassling your phone seller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://p168.forumotion.com
Judee,the cect168+ Killer
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Stealthius   Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y_FTh8z3rQ

I found this. I don't know if this is what will help you or not but I tried. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stealthius
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Left DOWN button not working   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for that link. After the video i kinda tried that but no such luck, must be a different kind of way to open the p168 than the N88 phone. It almost looks like that's the normal way to open that phone to insert SIM and change battery etc, wow doesn't look simple to me.

Maybe i should just wrap it in paper and ship it to myself maybe the button reverts itself! haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Judee,the cect168+ Killer
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Left DOWN button not working   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:52 am

Ohhhhhh Laughing That was funny! If you send it to yourself and it works, let us know. LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left DOWN button not working   

Back to top Go down

Left DOWN button not working
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1