CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)

wallobir (188)

tdinc (146)

Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)

Spiderball81 (53)

klsmurf (50)

mtlphone (48)

svrider1000 (37)

vballrkc (21)

joeEarl (18)

Keywords
email setting flash lock p168c wallpapers setup software boot screen language spiderman cable text format CECT phone internet p168 pictures Radio wallpaper firmware bluetooth iphone music

Share | 

How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:13 pm

When we plug the USB cable on the P168, two options appear. We can use it as a Mass Storage or as a WebCam. If we choose that last option the screen of the phone shows a drawing of a webcam but the screen of the PC doesn't change.
It's not a malfunction of the camera, is just that we need a software able to detect the camera.
If we use an instant messenger software like Live messenger it will recognize it at once.

Refer to the "Software Downloads" section for a very handy webcam program that will help run the webcam!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://p168.forumotion.com
Spiderball81
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:31 am

What does that mass storage option do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:44 am

mass storage makes it act as a flash drive.

My 168+ has 3 options- the 3rd is as a COM connection to use as a modem, or to access with something like PC Sync Manager
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klsmurf
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 am

mtlphone wrote:
mass storage makes it act as a flash drive.

My 168+ has 3 options- the 3rd is as a COM connection to use as a modem, or to access with something like PC Sync Manager

So you've actually found a driver so the pc recognizes the phone as a phone not just a storage device
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Well, I've had no problems pluggin the phone in "hot" i.e. on, and I saw the 3 menu items since day 1.
Then I had that problem with the phone itself not popping up the menu for a while (fixed via resetting the UART in engineering mode) but during that time my computer said that it detected a MT6227 unit and loaded the software for it off the web (even though my firmware says MT6225).
Now that I fixed it, it's showing the menu again, and I've been able to upload/download stuff (backup the phone book, upload pictures, music) through the PC Sync Manager software.

I wonder if in com setting it can be flashed through USB?? I guess only if the phone is working and you want to try an upgrade... but if the phone is dead, you can't set it to the COM...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klsmurf
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:31 pm

I was curious about that part of being able to flash through the com port also. I have the 6225 chipset in mine also and have downloaded the 6227 driver, but never installed it. The phone suite says it's for bluetooth and that's how I've been using it, but the cable would make things easier I think. I'm assuming you got the stuff off of "Zen's" website like I did. My hardrive went south on my home pc so my serial cable is doing me no good for flashing as my laptop has no such port of course. Maybe when I get some time I'll see if I can really screw up one of my phones. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tdinc
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:45 pm

that would be another major breakthrough if we could utilize the USB cable some how and flash the phone.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dany22

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:32 pm

You're right, that would be great. Why should i purchase another cable just to flash my device. And about the webcam option, it doesn't appear on my device.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam   

Back to top Go down

How to use the CECT P168 as a WebCam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1